A Jaffe engagement rings might not be on your radar, but they definitely should be. This gorgeous line is one of the headliners at Diamonds by Raymond Lee (opening next week! OMG! How is it already time?!) Anyway, these rings will make their big debut at the new store, but they’ve been catching eyes and stealing hearts for the better part of a year at the OG Raymond Lee showroom in West Boca.
These engagement rings are contemporary classics. They take a no-frills approach to luxury, favoring pitch-perfect architecture and really high quality materials. This line is perfect for the bride who thinks less is more, but still wants something high-end.
It was started in 1982 in New York City by Abraham Jaffe, a 26 year old with a passion for diamonds. The original studio was on Maiden Lane, but he quickly set up shop on West 47th street, helping to usher in the modern jewelry era and helping to establish what would eventually become the Diamond District – the epicenter of the jewelry business.
The design philosophy behind the brand revolves around one thing: creating jewelry that will stand the test of time. This applies not only to the physical construction of the ring, but the designs themselves. While new trends come and go, they only influence A Jaffe designs in the most subtle ways. And while new methods of jewelry making enhance the engineering of A Jaffe rings, the tried and true techniques passed down through generations of master jewelers still make up the bulk of the jewelry making.
The brand’s signature is a softly squared base of every ring, making them super comfortable wear and making sure they don’t spin on your finger. Genius.
Every ring is crafted with 120 years of expertise, and after it’s completed, it still has to pass the designers’ 10 point quality control checklist:
- Not only does that square shank ensure no twisting – it’s a beauty to admire from every angle.
- A. Jaffe’s 18kt gold is alloyed with 40% more palladium than other jewelers, creating a bright white setting and reducing allergens. In fact, all their white gold is 100% nickel free.
- Every setting is burnished for an extra bright polish, reduced porousness, and increased longevity.
- Each diamond is secured with a handmade prong for the ultimate in security.
- This artisan technique also means petite prongs – so they won’t catch on delicate fabrics.
- And that hand-set, handcrafted technique is passed down through master jewelers so the brand’s work continues in an unbroken line of excellent technique.
- Trained eyes study and select every diamond, so every ring is made with the perfect variety of sparkling diamonds, evenly matched and consistent in color and clarity.
- Six polishing stages mean maximum brilliance is brought out from every ring.
- Every A. Jaffe ring takes 80 hours to create.
- The “A” in A. Jaffe stands for all of the above – the marriage of art, jewelry technology, and excellence.
Shop more A Jaffe engagement rings at Diamonds by Raymond Lee in Boca Raton and online!